How do I participate in the program?

To begin treatment, please contact the Substance Use Access Hotline at (866) 266-4898. For the residential program, the County of Kern offers funding. If you’re interested in sober living or prefer to self-fund your treatment, reach out to administration at (661) 325-1817.

Does Bakersfield Recovery Services take private insurance?

BRS currently only accepts the HMO insurance “Brand New Day” and does not support private insurance-funded residents at the moment.

What items can I bring when entering the program?
  • 10 sets of clothes
  • 2 pairs of shoes and a pair of shower shoes
  • Bring your own hygiene items or use the provided hygiene from BRS


  • Only new pillows (with receipt)
  • No bedding or towels
  • No wash clothing
  • Only unopened Over-The-Counter meds

Experiencing life-controlling issues?

Reach out to us for transformative support.

Bakersfield Recovery Services

Connect With Us

531 Knotts St, Bakersfield, CA 93305

Follow Us On Social Media